Well, it is that time of year again. Everyone makes resolutions (and then quits them on January 17th – National Ditch Your Resolutions Day). This year, I have decided to make some digital and social media resolutions that I can actually follow through on!
- Disconnect: This might seem counterintuitive but I truly believe the more connected we are, the less we appreciate things both on and offline. I resolve to disconnect from my phone and the internet at least once a day so that I can fully appreciate everything that is happening around me.
- Post Meaningful Images: Now this is a pretty clear cut resolution, but I want to start posting more meaningful images- specifically on Instagram. This past year I have really struggled in this arena. Looking back on my Instagram photos it’s a lot of my puppy and food (which isn’t a bad thing, but I should branch out a bit). I think it’s time to step up my game.
- Become More of a Voice: Because of my role as Social Media Manager I am constantly using the voice of our client’s brands to convey messages. As a result of this I have found that my own social media presence and voice has been lost. This year, I am going to work on building my own brand and voice!
- Build My Professional Network: This goes along well with my goal to have more of a voice. I would like to use social media tools to widen my professional network. I want to connect with people who can help me grow both professionally and personally from within the industry.
- Try a New Social Media Platform: This year, I will fearlessly dive into a new network that I’ve never tried before. Last year it was SnapChat. What will this year be?
What will your social media resolutions be?