Tis the season to be thankful, and today I am reflecting on all of the things I am grateful for as a social media manager. It is easy to get caught up in day-to-day humdrums, but there are a lot of little things that make my job and social media really great!
- Variety – Everyday I get to go to work and I have no idea what is in store for me. I work with clients that range from CPG to franchises, to non-profits. Each day is a little different and I am thankful to not feel the complacency caused by a monotonous job.
- Gratification – One of the best things about in working social media is the instant gratification. You think you enjoy it when your friends like a photo you posted? Well, how about hundreds of people liking that photo? Granted, I don’t always get positive feedback for the content I push out but when I do, man it is a great feeling.
- Meeting New People – Like I said, I work with a variety of different clients here at Cyphers. Each week I am given the opportunity to work with a ton of different people from all walks of life and I think that is pretty great.
- Freedom – I am so lucky to be able to work in an industry that embraces creativity and out of the box thinking. Sometimes, I get to work and I am like “ ahhhhhh I just need to do something NEW!” and bam, we have a client willing to go out on a limb and try something they have never tried before. Having the freedom to work my personal creativity into my everyday job is pretty awesome.
- Flexibility – Ever just want to stop what you’re doing and read Buzzfeed? Ever freak out when your boss walks by and you’re looking at an article entitled The Top 25 Dogs Eating Ice? Well, when you’re in social media – all of those things are relevant. I am thankful to work in an industry where my personal interest in social media bleeds into my professional interest. In short, I get to read things I love to better my professional work, it’s a real thing we call it industry reading.
- Evolution – Social media is constantly changing. It seems like every month there is a new tool, a new platform or a new update to Facebook. I am lucky to have to be on the top of my game at all times. The industry is fluid, and constantly changing. This makes for an interesting ride.
There are many more things I am thankful for and this is just the tip of the iceberg. I hope that everyone can sit down and reflect on the things they are thankful for this week. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!