Happy Friday, everyone we made it to the end of the week despite all of the snow trying to stop us! In honor of Valentine’s Day, I wanted to write a special ode to one of my favorite things: social media. I am one of the lucky few who gets to do what they love, and love what they do. Although being a social media manager can be challenging, and at times frustrating, I love the creativity and freedom of it. There are many things I love about my job, but just a few stand out.
So here they are, my top favorite things I love about social media:
1. Transparency: One of my favorite things for brands to do is to be totally transparent with their consumer. I love that I get to have open conversations with consumers about what they like, what they don’t like and how the brand can work with them. Talking directly to our customers allows the brand to become better. I love that I have a hand in making this happen.
2. Creativity: Now this is a big one. My job allows me to do the craziest stuff sometimes. Social media is all about engaging in a conversation and creating buzz. If I can make this happen with a really cool campaign, or a funny post, the client is happy. Unlike other aspects of the marketing/advertising (I think this can just be marketing) world, social media is a lot more lenient. I love that our clients trust us to get our hands dirty and make social media marketing work for them.
3. Freedom: This ties a lot into my love for creativity. I feel that social media gives me the freedom to do things I wouldn’t be able to do in a more traditional form of advertising. It also gives me the flexibility to work from wherever I may be (which was especially helpful last week when I was home sick with a head cold- thanks social media!)
4. We get to make people happy: This week is a perfect example of why making people happy is on my top 5. For one of our clients, we decided to do a little Valentine’s Day giveaway. We asked people to tag someone they love and we would pick one lucky duo to win a Valentine’s Day Dinner kit. Well, we picked the perfect couple! They were celebrating their 29th Valentine’s together and they couldn’t have been more thrilled to get our dinner kit. It was such a simple gesture, but our client was able to completely make their day. It’s little interactions like this that put a smile on my face day in, and day out.
5. Fun: It’s just plain fun to manage social media all day. The end.