Whether you’re looking to build brand awareness, generate leads or establish strategic partnerships, using LinkedIn as a marketing tool can help engage your audience and grow your business.
LinkedIn is the largest business networking site in the world. Users tend to shift their mindsets when using the platform compared to logging on cousin sites like, Twitter and Facebook. The mood changes, the messages are more professional. Conversations are geared toward partnerships and transactions, and everything is centered around advancing careers or building businesses.
There are a number of ways to market yourself and your business online. LinkedIn has identified 8 strategies that will drastically increase your marketing potential:
- Complete your profile. Make sure you completely fill out your profile for starters, then go on from there to make it sexier with customization.
- Connect with Everyone. It’s time to use LinkedIn like a live networking event and introduce you to others, make new friends and start bridging connections between other users. The larger your expanded network is, the more opportunities and connections you’ll have in the long run.
- Customize your Websites. Creating a call to action attracts more attention than having a generic link that says “My website’.
- Be Compelling. Liven it up a bit! Add an interesting story in your summary, show personality by telling people who you are and what you do.
- Recommend Others. The more you give the more you receive. Recommend and endorse others to help increase their social clout.
- Join or Start LinkedIn Groups. The best way to reach your target audience is to first seek them out and join the groups they belong to. Then turn on the charm and actively engage with the members.
- Using LinkedIn Ads. Using LinkedIn ads provides an effective way to raise awareness about your company, share useful and relevant information, build relationships, and drive quality leads. You pay by clicks and focus on reaching people with specific job titles, functions, seniority level, or companies within a certain industry and company size.
- Follow other Company Pages. Following your partners, customers, and prospects’ pages and engaging with them by commenting, liking and sharing their updates is a great w