Social Media / Word of Mouth Marketing Internship
The Cyphers Agency (TCA) is looking for a social media intern to add to our Word of Mouth Marketing Department. We are seeking a dynamic, creative, fun, and interesting intern who wants nothing more than to dig into the wide world of social media.
A large portion of this FULL-TIME PAID social media internship will focus on community management for one of our clients. There will also be additional tasks and responsibilities that come with working at a full service advertising agency. These duties include general administrative tasks, research, account assistance, and more.
We are looking for someone with a thorough understanding of:
- Basic Marketing Principles
- Internet Research
- Blogging – both in writing and familiarity in platforms
- Relationship Building
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr, FourSquare, Google+, Tumblr, Groupon, Living Social, Review Sites, etc.
- In college or a recent graduate
- Advertising, PR, or Marketing majors are preferred
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Able to work 40 hours a week (this is a full-time paid internship) for 3 months minimum
- Personal social presence and affinity for all things Internet
- Prior professional social media experience (jobs or internships) is a bonus
Wanna show you are super awesome?
- Connect with us to show your online presence – think personal blog, Flickr, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. Here’s how you can start:
- @ us at @AdsAtTCA, even if it’s just to say, “Hello.”
- Like us on Facebook and leave a comment.
- Send us some writing samples that show your style and voice.
- Share with us some of your favorite blogs, articles, or funny cat videos. Bonus if we haven’t read, heard, or seen them yet.
- Get others to talk about why you should be the next WOM intern. Comments on this post are a great start. Hashtags never hurt either… (#HireMeTCA)
- Show us how you’ve used social media to get results (for school, work, or personal purposes).
- Tell us what YOU think is an awesome example of an effective campaign that used social media and word of mouth marketing. Negative ten points if you say “Old Spice.”
As for that cover letter and resume, you can send it to email@example.com. Look forward to hearing from you!
53 Old Solomons Island Road, Suite G
Annapolis, Maryland 21401