Facebook May Release New Ad Options As Early as Next Week
If you’re anything like us and in and out of Facebook all the live long day, news of new ad options are exciting. Currently, there are a few options for ads. You can choose Facebook Ads or Sponsored Stories, both of which have their place in audience building, buzz, product awareness, or driving traffic from Facebook to another online destination.
AllFacebook has it rumored that Facebook will alter and expand their ad options as early as next Wednesday, February 29 at their marketing conference in New York. (Side note: also rumored to be discussed is Facebook timeline for businesses). According to a recent article, the following are what the new ad options might look like:
- Status updates: Up to 150 characters of text, no additional media;
- Photos: Up to 90 characters of text, 185-pixel-by-104-pixel thumbnail, 16:9 aspect ratio
- Videos: Up to 90 characters of text, 185-pixel-by-104-pixel thumbnail, 16:9 aspect ratio;
- Links: Up to 90 characters of text, 75-pixel-by-75-pixel thumbnail;
- Questions: Four answers will be displayed — three, plus a “see more” link; and
- Events: Up to 90 characters of text, 75-pixel-by-75-pixel thumbnail.
Since Facebook ads have been an effective tool for a majority of our word of mouth clients, these new ad options are encouraging. The ads provide for additional (and interesting) ways to interact with the people we are trying to reach, as well as an increased opportunity for brand exposure.
53 Old Solomons Island Road, Suite G
Annapolis, Maryland 21401